Last November, the company Open AI launched its successful ChatGPT bot that answers questions and takes instructions from users in a conversational, human-like manner.
ChatGPT is not only conversational but also covers other topics. It can create code, social media posts, and even scripts for TV shows; plus, the dialog format makes it possible for ChatGPT to answer follow-up questions, admit mistakes, question incorrect premises, and reject inappropriate requests. However, the tool “doesn’t speak” sensibly and doesn’t “think” as people do. Even though ChatGPT was trained with “Reinforcement learning from human comments,”
That means that while ChatGPT can explain quantum physics or write a poem on command, experts say a complete AI takeover is not imminent.
Chatbots like GPT work with large amounts of data and computational techniques to predict how to put words together meaningfully. Not only do they leverage a large part of vocabulary and information, but they also understand terms in context, and this helps them mimic speech patterns while conveying encyclopedic knowledge.
What are the limitations?
- May provide incorrect answers: Some queries could not interpret or fit single questions giving inaccurate and irrelevant texts.
- It is very formal: It has a bias that prevents it from answering naturally. Like human beings who tend to respond in everyday jargon, the answers of the ChatGPT are formal.
- It has machine language: AI’s difficulty with idioms is one of the problems of ChatGPT.
- It is not fully trained: ChatGPT continues to be tested by a person, describing this as a best practice.
- It needs to be more detailed: In some situations, such as medical settings, short answers do not work, and the tool needs to provide specific or immediate solutions.
- Not a human expert: The ChatGPT tool takes things too, and the AI occasionally fails in its answers by not considering the original question.
- It is not expressive: AI lacks true thoughts or feelings and cannot create content that emotionally reaches people on the same level as a human being.